We usually collect personal information directly from you.
IECF collects the following types of personal information:
- Shareholder name, address, contact details, banking details, tax file number etc;
- Community organisation management committee details such as committee contact information, membership data etc.
- Contact details of people that attend functions or events conducted by IECF.
- Photos, videos and other electronic records of events and functions that IECF attends.
- Sometimes we collect or confirm this information from a third party. We will use reasonable efforts to obtain your consent to do this.
If you apply for shares in IECF, you will provide personal information to IECF and to IECF’s Share Registry.
Some of the information that will be collected by IECF is required pursuant to tax and corporations law. If you do not provide the information requested, your share application may not be able to be processed efficiently, or at all.
Use and Disclosure
IECF and/or the Share Registry collect, hold and use your personal information in order to:
- assess and process your share application;
- provide products, facilities and services which you may request;
- assist you with queries or concerns;
- facilitate the making of community investments in projects selected by IECF and to market products and services to the members of the community group;
- collaborate with community groups in joint projects for the benefit of the community group, its members, the wider community or IECF;
- comply with legal or regulatory obligations imposed on us; and
- carry out appropriate administration of your investment.
To do these this, IECF may disclose your personal information to organisations that carry out functions on behalf of CASH such as mailing and printing houses, share registry, the National Stock Exchange, and Bendigo and Adelaide Bank. IECF does not disclose your personal information to overseas recipients.
Your information may also be used for the marketing of products, facilities or services offered or distributed by Bendigo or other matters concerning Bendigo generally that IECF or Bendigo thinks may be of interest to you. You agree that the contact details you provide to IECF (including any personal or home phone number) can be used by IECF and Bendigo indefinitely for these purposes. If you do not want your personal information to be used for this purpose, you should contact IECF and Bendigo on the contact details below.
Storage and Security
Our employees are authorised agents and are obliged to respect confidentiality. The personal information of shareholders is recorded by an external share registry provider and is accessible by the IECF secretary and public generally as a publicly listed Company.
IECF holds personal information of community groups on local computers. IECF may link the personal information of shareholders with the community groups it deals with and may link the personal information of any person to the banking information held by Bendigo Bank.
Access and Correction
Shareholders seeking access or corrections to personal information on the share register should contact our share registry at:
Boardroom Pty Limited
Phone: +61 2 9290 9600
Fax: +61 2 9279 0664
Privacy Concerns or Complaints
If you have any concerns or complaints about the treatment of your personal information by IECF you can contact the IECF’s Secretary on the contact details below. IECF will promptly investigate your complaint and notify you of the outcome. If you are still not satisfied, you can in some cases refer your complaint to the:
Australian Financial Complaints Authority
GPO Box 3
Melbourne Vic 3001
Phone: 1800 931 678
Fax: 03 9613 6399
The Company Secretary