Sponsorships or grants will not be provided for:
- Political purposes or to political organisations or political advocacy groups
- Religious organisations seeking support for religious programs or events
- Events or programs that denigrate, exclude or offend sections of the community
- Events associated with gambling
- Events or programs that are deemed not safe
- Programs that do not reflect community standards
- Programs sponsored by competitors
- Sponsorship of Individual/s (excluding scholarships for educational purposes).
Our sponsorship program is limited by the availability of funds and we cannot approve all applications. However, we assess each application on its merit, so your organisation is welcome to submit another application in the future. We notify all unsuccessful applicants by email.
Sponsorship is provided to organisations to support their projects and objectives. It also provides the Community Bank with the opportunity to engage with members and supporters to promote the benefits of community banking. The community banking point of difference is about building relationships and creating stronger communities, in addition to offering competitive banking services. The continued success of our sponsorship program is reliant on the community supporting the Community Bank through banking services.
On approval of sponsorship, we will contact you to discuss your sponsorship obligations. Depending on the amount of sponsorship approved, some organisations will be required to sign a sponsorship agreement. Organisations receiving more than $5,000 in funding will be required to complete the Sponsorship Acquittal form. All organisations are required to agree to the obligations stated in the sponsorship application form. These include:
- Agreement to invite Directors, Managers and staff to attend functions and events
- Agreement to use your organisation’s name in conjunction with our advertising and promotion
- Agreement to add your organisation’s name to our sponsor list
- Agreement to promote the Community Bank to members and supporters, via newsletters, websites, social media promotional material, banners or signage
- Agreement to distribute the Community Bank promotional materials to members and supporters
- Agreement to link your web and social sites to our website
- Agreement to supply a ‘testimonial’ describing the benefits of the sponsorship support
- Use of the Community Bank logos.
- Agreement for us to use photographs relating to your Sponsorship
- Depending on the size of the sponsorship provided some organisations will be required to submit an Acquittal form. This will allow us to review our investment and assist us when considering future sponsorship applications.
We approve sponsorship amounts ranging from small amounts (such as $100) to significantly larger amounts. We consider several factors when deciding the amount of sponsorship to be provided, including the total project cost, the number of participants or people who will benefit from the investment and the banking business the organisation has with us. The availability of funds for sponsorship and grants varies from year to year and is dependent on the continued growth of our banking business.
Sponsorship and grants are approved subject to the availability of funds. Applications will be approved/declined by the end of the month following the application due date (ie; applications submitted by 29 January will be considered and approved/declined by the end of February) If your application is successful, sponsorship funds will be deposited into the organisation’s account with us. Funds are generally available within 14 days of approving an application. All applicants will be notified in writing.